In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
These rich, buttery, chewy almond date cookies are a real treat! Refined sugar-free- instead they are made with a date paste and fresh almond butter created in the NutraMilk, giving it a deliciously sweet caramelly, creamy nutty flavor and texture. They are perfect to decorate for a Halloween treat! Enjoy!
- 1 cup dried dates
- 1/3 cup almond milk or plant milk of choice made with the NutraMilk
- 1/2 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup almond butter made with the NutraMilk
For almond butter
- 2 cups (300g) almonds
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- Start by making almond butter if you don’t have a batch made.
- Place almond and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 12-13 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- First, put dates and plant milk into the NutraMilk and process until smooth. Add vanilla and almond butter, process until well combine.
- In a large bowl combine dry ingredients, which are oat flour, rice flour, baking powder, and a pinch of salt.
- Add date mixture into the dry ingredients. Create a thick dough.
- The last step is to cut circle shapes and bake it for 7 mins at 150°C (300F)
- Let the cookies cool down completely before icing them with chocolate.
- Put the chocolate into a piping bag and create spider webs, pumpkin shapes, or faces. Enjoy!
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.Recipe inspired by Chris Says Nature.