In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
Treat yourself or your Valentines with this sweet pink sherbet for dessert!
Completely plant-based, made with a homemade vegan buttermilk using the NutraMilk and a few other simple ingredients. Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen strawberries
- 2 cups vegan buttermilk made with the NutraMIlk (I used cashew buttermilk)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
For cashew milk
- 1 cup (150g) cashews
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- 2 tbsp. of lemon juice
For cashew Milk
- Start by making fresh cashew milk with the NutraMilk:
- Place cashews in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 3 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid, add water and replace lid.
- Press Mix (do not change the default Mix time).
- Press Start.
- Press Dispense.
- Press Start and open spigot to fill your storage container.
- Place 2 cups of cashew milk in a jug and add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice. Wait a few minutes and it will curdle.
- Process strawberries in the NutraMilk until smooth. Pour strawberry puree through a fine wire-mesh strainer into a large bowl, pressing with back of a spoon. Discard solids.
- Add cashew buttermilk, sugar, and vanilla to puree to the NutraMilk ; process until well blended.
- Cover and chill 1 hour.
- Pour strawberry mixture into freezer container of a 1 1/2-qt. electric ice-cream maker, and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions.
- If you don’t have an ice cream maker, freeze mixture in 30 minute intervals, whisking between each, until it reaches the desired consistency.
- Serve immediately, if you prefer a softer texture. Otherwise, place the mixture in an airtight container or loaf pan covered with plastic wrap and freeze until firm, at least 3 hours. Enjoy!