In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
Watermelon and mint are particularly refreshing and make an excellent summer salad. Add this delicious cashew-based dressing made with the NutraMilk for a satisfying, nourishing and flavorful dish. I guarantee it will be one of your favorite go-to salads during summertime.
- 3 cups watermelon, cubed
- 4 cups of arugula or baby spinach
- 1 large cucumber
- ½ cup fresh mint, chopped coarsely or whole
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 and 1/3 cups cold water
- 3 and 1/2 tbsp. vinegar of choice
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons dried Italian herbs or herbs de Provence
- 1 small clove garlic, peeled
- 3/4 tsp. fine sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly cracked black pepper
- Optional: 1 tsp. sweetener (e.g., coconut sugar, maple syrup, cane sugar)
- Start by making cashew butter for the dressing
- Place cashews and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 5-6 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Add the rest of the dressing ingredients and process until smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust seasonings. Check consistency and add more water slowly if necessary.
- Assemble all salad ingredients in a salad bowl, add a generous amount of dressing and toss until well coated. Drizzle some more on top if you wish to decorate.
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.