In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
This super simple and healthy recipe makes a great side dish or a topping for flatbreads, sandwiches, tacos, etc. It only takes a few ingredients to whip up this delicious dish that is creamy and slightly tangy with an umami flavor. Enjoy!
- 16 ounces cremini mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- pinch sea salt
- 1 tablespoon almond butter made in the NutraMilk
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon thyme
For almond butter
- 2 cups (300g) almonds
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- Start by making almond butter
- Place almond and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 12-13 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Slice cremini mushrooms and add to skillet on medium-low heat with olive oil and a pinch sea salt. Cook mushrooms, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes (letting the mushrooms sweat and release their natural waters).
- Combine almond butter, balsamic and thyme in a small bowl. Whisk together. Turn skillet to medium-high heat and pour liquid mixture over mushrooms. Continue cooking mushrooms, stirring often until liquid is thickened and mushrooms are golden browned, 5-10 minutes.
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by FeedFeed.