In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
Grilling fruits is such a delicious way to enjoy them! Check out this recipe for grilled pineapple with a Thai-style almond sauce. This makes a great side dish for your BBQ or to add to a vegetarian rice bowl. Regardless, this sweet, savory and slightly spicy combination is mouthwatering! Enjoy!
For grilled pineapple
- 1 fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 2 tsp. rice vinegar
- 2 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp. Sriracha or hot sauce of choice
- 1/3 cup water
- salt and pepper to taste
For almond butter
- 2 cups (300g) almonds, roasted
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- Making almond butter
- Place almonds and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 12-13 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Set ½ cup aside for recipes and store the rest for later use.
- Heat up grill pan over medium-high heat for a few minutes or preheat outdoor grill.
- In a medium bowl add all sauce ingredients and whisk until well combined. Add more water if you want a runnier consistency.
- Prepare pineapple. Slice pineapple, cut around rings to take out skin and core the inside with a knife or a small round cookie cutter if you have one.
- Brush pineapple rings with almond or place sauce in a bowl and dip pineapple rings in Thai sauce and grill for about 7-9 minutes on each side.
- Serve on their own as a side dish to any grilled main dish or serve on a Buddha bowl or a simple rice bowl. Enjoy!