In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
Summer is here, its time to grill! There are various vegetarian options that are healthy and delicious to grill up. They can be side dishes or main dishes. Check out some of our recipes below.
These zucchini ribbons are a light, healthy veggie side. Super simple yet very savory, made with fresh cashew butter created in the NutraMilk. Enjoy!
For zucchini ribbons
- 6medium-small zucchini (6 ounces each)
- Vegetable oil, for the grill grates
- ¼ cup cashew butter made with the NutraMIlk
- 2 tbsp.- Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- ½ cup water or more
- salt and pepper to taste
- chili flakes (optional)
For cashew butter
- 2 cups (300g) cashews
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- Making cashew butter
- Place cashews and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 5-6 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Set aside ¼ cup for this recipe and store the rest for later use.
- Heat up Grill Pan over medium-high heat for a few minutes or preheat outdoor grill.
- Brush or scrape the grill grate clean and oil it with a tightly folded paper towel dipped in vegetable oil and drawn across the bars of the grate with tongs.
- Meanwhile, whisk all sauce ingredients in a bowl until well-combined. Taste and adjust seasonings. Add more water if you want a thinner consistency.
- Cut off and discard the ends of the zucchini. Using a mandolin outfitted with a finger guard, thinly slice one zucchini lengthwise into slices scant ⅛-inch thick. You can also use a chef’s knife to cut slices lengthwise just shy of ⅛-inch thick. (Try folding your first or second strip. If it breaks at the fold, it means it’s too thick.) Lay the slices flat on a sheet pan. Lightly brush the tops with enough cashew mustard sauce.
- Fold a zucchini slice into an accordion shape (like multiple Ws or ribbon candy) and thread it onto a metal or soaked bamboo skewer. Continue threading until all the slices from the zucchini are on the skewer
- Grill (covered if using a gas grill), turning to evenly brown, until singed at some of the edges, 1 to 2 minutes per side (4 to 8 minutes in all). Serve with remaining sauce. Enjoy!
Check out our other grill recipes:
Grilled pineapple with Thai Almond Sauce: https://thenutramilk.com/blogs/side-dishes/grilled-pineapple-with-thai-almond-sauce
Grilled Stuffed Peppers: https://thenutramilk.com/blogs/main-entree-recipes/grilled-stuffed-peppers
Grilled Eggplant With Walnut Pesto: https://thenutramilk.com/blogs/side-dishes/grilled-eggplant-with-walnut-pesto?_pos=2&_sid=f0905472f&_ss=r
Grilled Peaches With Cashew Cream Sauce: https://thenutramilk.com/blogs/treats/grilled-peaches-with-cashew-cream-sauce?_pos=3&_sid=f0905472f&_ss=r
Grilled Veggie Skewers With Peanut Sauce: https://thenutramilk.com/blogs/side-dishes/grilled-veggie-skewers-with-peanut-sauce-1?_pos=4&_sid=f0905472f&_ss=r
Grilled Cauliflower With Paprika Cashew Cream Sauce: https://thenutramilk.com/blogs/side-dishes/grilled-cauliflower-with-paprika-cashew-cream-sauce?_pos=5&_sid=f0905472f&_ss=r
Grilled Corn With Spicy Vegan Mayo, Cilantro & Lime: https://thenutramilk.com/blogs/side-dishes/grilled-corn-with-spicy-vegan-mayo-cilantro-lime?_pos=1&_sid=45fa1faee&_ss=r
Tofu Skewers With Cardamom Cashew Butter Marinade: https://thenutramilk.com/blogs/main-entree-recipes/tofu-skewers-with-cardamom-cashew-butter-marinade?_pos=9&_sid=1aee10887&_ss=r
Grilled Vegetable Fajita Platter With Green Goddess Sauce: https://thenutramilk.com/blogs/main-entree-recipes/grilled-vegetable-fajita-platter-with-green-goddess-sauce?_pos=6&_sid=1aee10887&_ss=r