In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
This fresh salad is essential to all our barbecues! It’s a healthy, delicious, filling side dish that pairs well with pretty much any grilled main dish. Made with a tasty creamy sunflower dressing that uses no oil, just a few wholesome ingredients popped in the NutraMilk. Enjoy!
For Cole Slaw
- 400 g cabbage washed; mix of red and green is nice
- 150 g carrots washed and trimmed
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh chives
- 30 g chopped fresh parsley
For sunflower dressing
- 1 cup (135 g) shelled, raw sunflower seeds
- 1 banana shallot / eschallot peeled and roughly chopped; or half small onion
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp celery seeds optional
- 1 clove garlic smashed and peeled
- 2 tbsp. lemon or lime juice
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 -1 cup water
- salt to taste
- Place sunflower seeds and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 14-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sauté onion and garlic for a few minutes until translucent.
- Once the sunflower seeds have reached a butter consistency, add the sautéed onions, garlic and rest of dressing ingredients and process until well combined and creamy. Start by using ¼ cup water and gradually add more depending on how runny or creamy you prefer the dressing consistency.
- Use a heavy knife or mandoline to shred the cabbage into fine slices; grate the carrots on the coarse side of a box grater, and slice chives. Pop the vegetables plus the chives and parsley into a large mixing bowl.
- Add dressing and mix well until salad is well coated with the creamy dressing. Drizzle more dressing on top to serve if you like. Enjoy!