In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
Here is a tasty way to enjoy brussels sprouts this fall! Tossed in a delicious peanut sauce and grilled in skewers- you´ll start craving brussels sprouts from here on.
Brussels sprouts are a cruciferous veggie associated with various health benefits including protecting you against certain cancers thanks to their sulphur-based substances and their vitamin, mineral and antioxidant content. Combined with a fresh peanut sauce, this side dish is loaded with goodies and super tasty. Enjoy!
For Brussel sprouts
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts
For peanut sauce
- 1/3 peanut butter made with the NutraMilk
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup, honey or sweetener of choice
- 1 -3 tsp. hot sauce of choice
For peanut butter
- 2 cups (275g) peanuts (untoasted, unsalted)
- pinch salt (optional)
- Start by making the peanut butter if you don’t have a batch made
- Place peanuts in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 2-3 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees
- In bowl whisk sauce ingredients. Add water progressively until you reach consistency you like. It should be thin enough to be pourable. Save some of the sauce to serve on the side.
- Toss sprouts in peanut sauce until well coated, sprinkle with salt, and spread out on one baking sheet
- Roast 15-20 minutes until they begin to soften.
- Take out and assemble skewers.
- Grill brussels sprout skewers for a few minutes on each side until they have grill marks and they are the consistency you like. Drizzle more peanut sauce on top if you like or serve with a side of peanut sauce. Enjoy!
For paleo & keto diets: Use appropirate sweetner such as monk fruit syrup
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.