In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
If you haven’t turned avocado into fries yet, give it a try! They are delicious and make a great appetizer, crispy on the outside, creamy on the inside. Served with a tasty homemade dip, it will be a hit for any occasion.
For avocado fries
- 2 large avocados (ripe but still firm), sliced
- 1 box salt crackers of choice (I used gluten free-rice crackers)
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Pepper, to taste
- 1/3 unsweetened plant based milk made with the NutraMilk (like almond or cashew)
For chili dip
- ½ cup vegan mayo made with the NutraMilk
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced)
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp fresh chili paste
- 2 tsp hot sauce (optional)
Start by making chili dip:
- Make vegan mayonnaise, if you don’t have a batch made. Check out 2 ways to make it with the NutraMilk here.
- Add all chili dip ingredients to the NutraMilk and process until smooth. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 450ºF, line a baking sheet with foil and brush it with avocado oil. Set aside.
- Line up your avocado slices onto a plate to have them ready for the dipping process.
- Add crackers into the NutraMilk and process a few seconds until you get a fine texture with some medium-sized chunks (those will make the breading extra crunchy).
- Transfer the crumbs into a medium bowl along with chili powder and smoked paprika. Toss to combine.
- Add brown rice flour, salt, onion powder, garlic powder and pepper into another medium sized bowl. Add milk and whisk to combine.
- Line up your plate with the avocado slices, the bowl with the liquid mixture and the bowl with the crushed crackers. Have your lined baking sheet nearby.
- Use one hand to dip an avocado slice into the bowl with the milk mixture. Then drop it into the bowl with the crackers.
- Use your second hand to coat the avocado slices and drop it off onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Repeat the process with the rest of the avocado slices.
- Bake for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, flip and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, transfer onto a serving plate, garnish with chopped cilantro and enjoy immediately with the creamy chili dip.
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by Simple Mills.