In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
Our Lavender Cashew Milk is a light, refreshing, calming NutraMilk concoction and an ideal beverage for a hot summer day. Lavender has over 100 known compounds, including phytochemicals and antioxidants known especially for its anxiety-relieving properties and calming effects. It can help alleviate stress, anxiety attacks, rheumatism, distension and insomnia as well as other ailments. Enjoy!
Did you know there are 23 cashews per glass of cashew milk made in The NutraMilk? This translates to a lot of nutrition! Heart-healthy monounsaturated fatty acids (MUFAs), plant-protein, abundant amount of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that promote overall health and help in preventing disease.
Add lavender blossoms to upgrade its nutrition even more and give it an exotic touch!
Lavender cashew milk is a good of macro and micronutrients, including:
- Plant protein
- Heart healthy fats (MUFAs)
Recipe for Lavender Cashew Milk
Yields 1 quart (4 cups/946 mL)
- 1 cup cashews (150 g)
- 1 quart water (946 mL)
- 1/3 cup Lavender Honey (or Agave) Simple Syrup (80 mL)
- Place cashews in the NutraMilk container
- Press Butter cycle, set for 2 minutes, then Start
- Open the container lid, add water and lavender syrup. Replace lid
- Press Mix, then Start
- Press Dispense, then Start and open spigot to fill your storage container
Recipe for Lavender Honey (or Agave) Simple Syrup
Yields approximately 1 3/4 cup (414 mL)
- 1 1/2 cup water (355 mL)
- 1/3 cup honey or agave (78 mL)
- 1 teaspoon dried lavender
- 3-4 fresh English lavender blossoms
- Gently heat water and honey (or agave) until honey (or agave) dissolves
- Add lavender, turn off the heat, and let steep for about 5 minutes
- Strain, let cool
- Store in a glass jar in the refrigerator
From 200 DELICIOUS & HEALTHY RECIPES for your NutraMilk from Nuts, Seeds, Grains & More by Rita Rivera
*%DV: Percent Daily Value (DV) references how much a certain nutrient contributes in one serving of food in relation to the daily requirement.