In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
This crowd-pleasing vegan dish makes a great appetizer or a satisfying grilled main dish. Full of nourishing ingredients such as the Portobello mushrooms, lentils, walnuts, sun dried tomatoes and freshly made cashew-based cheese. Enjoy!
- 6 Portobello mushrooms
- 1/3 cup walnuts, minced
- 1/3 cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup lentil or other legume of choice, cooked
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove. Minced
- ½ half vegan cheese made with the NutraMilk
- ¼ cup vegan Parmesan cheese made with the NutraMilk (optional)
- small bunch or parsley & chives, chopped
- Start by making cashew cheese in the NutraMilk, if you don’t have a batch made. I like to always have cheese on hand, so I make it and freeze it.
- Here are a few of our plant-based cheese recipes to try:
- Saute onions in olive oil a few minutes until translucent. Add garlic and cook a few more minutes.
- Add cooked lentil, sun dried tomatoes, ½ of the walnuts, parsley and chives (leave 2 tbsp. aside for a topping) and cook a for 2 more minutes.
- You can grill or roast Portobello mushrooms. Either roast them in oven (350F) for about 10 minutes or put them in the grill for about minutes until they start to soften.
- Add sautéed filling to each mushrooms, top with vegan cheese and either roast or grill for a few more minutes to warm up and until the mushroom is softened.
- Sprinkle with parsley and/or chives, crushed walnuts and/or vegan Parmesan and enjoy!
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.