In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Get in to the Halloween spirit with these super simple Jack-o´-Lantern flat breads stuffed with a peanut butter pumpkin spread and your favorite jelly.
This makes for a nutritious snack, breakfast or party appetizer filled with fiber, plant-protein and loads of vitamins and minerals.
For Pumpkin flat breads
- 4-6 pita bread or any fold it flat bread (you can also use tortillas)
- 1/ 4 cup peanut butter made with the NutraMilk
- 1/ 2 cup Jelly of choice
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp. pumpkin spice
- pumpkin cookie cutters (optional)
For peanut butter
- 2 cups (275g) peanuts (untoasted, unsalted)
- pinch salt (optional)
- Making the peanut butter
- Place peanuts in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 2-3 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Leave 1/2 cup of peanut butter in the NutraMilk and add pumpkin puree and pumpkin spice. Press ¨Mix¨ until all is well-combined.
- Use pumpkin cutters to cut pumpkin shapes on flat bread. If you don’t have cookie cutters you can use a paring knife and cut a pumpkin face. Cut the eyes, mouth and nose as you wish.
- Depending on the size of the pumpkin flatbread you made –stuff pumpkin peanut butter spread and jelly inside. Maybe about 1 tbsp. of each. You can also use tortillas also –no need to be a closed flat bread.
- You can warm a few minutes in the oven (425 degrees for about 5 minutes). Enjoy!