In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
Ditch the carbs and go for a crustless spinach quiche for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
This recipe is paleo, keto and whole-30 friendly. It’s delicious and super nutritious, made with fresh almond milk created in the NutraMilk and just a few other nourishing ingredients.
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 2 yellow onions, diced
- 6 cups roughly chopped fresh spinach (or 3 cups frozen spinach)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk made with the NutraMilk
- 1 teaspoon dried red chili flakes, for sprinkling (optional)
For almond milk
- 1 cup almonds (150 g)
- 1 quart water (946 mL)
- Start by making almond milk, if you don’t have a batch already made.
- Place almonds in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 7 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid, add water. Replace lid.
- Press Mix (do not change the default Mix time).
- Press Start.
- Press Dispense.
- Press Start and open spigot to fill your storage container.
- Preheat: Preheat oven to 400F and adjust oven rack to the middle position.
- Sauté Onions: Heat oil in a 12-inch cast iron skillet over medium-high heat and then sauté the diced onions for approximately 5 minutes until they turn translucent.
- Add Spinach, Salt and Herbs: Add the fresh spinach to the skillet and sauté for 2 minutes until spinach is wilted. Add salt and mix well. (If using frozen spinach, skip the sautéeing directly).
- Add Eggs and Milk: Whisk the beaten eggs and milk together in a medium bowl until combined. Next, add the egg-milk mixture to the sautéed spinach and onions in the skillet, mixing well until ingredients are homogeneously distributed.
- Bake Until Firm: Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 25 to 30 minutes until the quiche is firm.
- Garnish and Enjoy: Garnish with a sprinkle of red chili flakes before serving if you like a bit of heat.
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by Dish by Dish.