In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
A delicious and healthy breakfast that makes a perfect start to the day but not only that, it can also be a great dish for dinner. It’s got everything you need: Eggs that are protein rich, mushrooms and spinach are two excellent veggies full of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and fiber. Plus, the almond butter and a delicious cashew-based cheese that are loaded with extra goodies such as heart-healthy fats, more protein, fiber, minerals and antioxidants. Enjoy!
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup onion of choice, diced
- 2 tbsp. almond butter made with the NutraMilk
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup fresh or frozen spinach
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup plant-based cheese made with the NutraMilk
- 2 Tbsp butter or oil, divided
- minced fresh parsley, for garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
For almond butter
- 2 cups (300g) almonds
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- Start by making almond butter if you don’t have a batch made:
- Place almond and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 12-13 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Prepare plant-based cheese if you don’t have a batch on hand. I tend to have cheese frozen so I can quickly heat up and use. We have various cheese recipes, here are a few:
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over MED-HIGH heat. Add mushrooms and onion, cooking about 5 minutes, until golden and soft.
- Combine almond butter, balsamic and thyme in a small bowl. Whisk together. Pour liquid mixture over mushrooms. Continue cooking mushrooms, stirring often until liquid is thickened and mushrooms are golden browned( about 5 minutes).
- Add spinach and cook till wilted, time will depend if its frozen or fresh. Take out veggies and set aisde.
- Crack and beat the eggs in a small bowl. Season with salt, pepper.
- Add butter, warm, and spread it evenly into the pan, tilting the pan in a rotating motion.
- Reduce to medium-low heat, add beaten eggs and tilt the pan again to spread the egg mixture all over the pan.
- When the sides of the omelette are set and start to dry out, lift them with a spatula to let the uncooked eggs from the middle run under and cook.
- Once the middle of the omelette starts to set, add veggies on one half of the omelette and the cheese on top.
- Fold the omelette in half, reduce to low heat and keep cooking until cheese is melted.
- Gently slide on a plate and adjust seasoning, adding more salt, pepper, fresh parsley, or a pinch of chili flakes to taste.
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini