In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
We love fritters! You can enjoy them for breakfast, lunch, dinner or as a snack. You can change up the flavors and ingredients for completely different recipes. These deliciously savory butternut squash fritters are perfect for fall time. They are plant-based, gluten-free, easily adaptable for paleo and other diets. Made with fresh almond milk created in the NutraMilk and other nutritious ingredients. Enjoy!
- 2 tbsp. tbsp. ground flax seed (or egg replacer of choice)
- 1 cup almond milk made with the NutraMilk
- 1 tbsp. vegan butter
- 1 medium size shallot, minced
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 5 cups grated butternut squash
- 4 tbsp. flour of choice (Gluten-free option)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 cup panko bread crumbs (Gluten-free option)
- 2 tsp salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- oil for frying
For almond milk
- 1 cup (150g) almonds
- 6 cups (1.5 quarts) water
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- Start by making almond milk with the NutraMilk if you don't have a batch made. I always make and freeze in to ice cubs to have on hand.
- Place almonds in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 7 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Add water and replace lid.
- Press Mix (do not change the default Mix time).
- Press Start.
- Press Dispense, open spigot and fill your container with almond milk.
- In a small bowl combine the ground flax seed with 5 tbsp. of water and let it sit for 5 minutes. Then mix with almond milk.
- In a large skillet add the shallots, garlic, butter, and olive oil. Cook until fragrant, 3-5 minutes.
- In a large bowl add the shallot mixture with the remaining ingredients.
- Add in the combined vegan egg mixture and combine with hands until you’re able to form patties.
- In a large nonstick pan, add ¼ cup oil and heat over medium heat.
- When the oil is hot, add the cakes and cook them for about 2-4 minutes on each side, or until golden and crispy. *I like to add a little additional Panko to patties right before frying for even more texture! Once cooked, set on top of paper towels to absorb excess oil.
- Serve them immediately or place patties on sheet pan in a 300 degree oven to keep hot until you serve.
- Sprinkle with parsley or any other herb you have on hand.
For paleo, keto & whole 30 diets: Use coconut flour and use an appropiate bread crumb made out of nuts and seeds for example.
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by Labeless Nutrition.