In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by Bakerita.
For almond milk
- 1 cup (150g) almonds
- 1 quart (946ml) water
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup white whole wheat flour (can sub both flours to GF flour)
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 tsps. baking powder
- ⅓ cup coconut oil melted
- 1 large banana mashed (about ½ cup)
- ½ cup almond milk or other non-dairy milk made with the NutraMilk
- 1 tbsp. almond butter made with the NutraMilk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
For almond Milk
- Start by making fresh almond milk with the NutraMilk:
- Place almonds in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 7 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid. Take out 1 tbsp. of almond butter for recipe and set aside.
- Add water and replace lid.
- Press Mix (do not change the default Mix time).
- Press Start.
- Press Dispense, open the spigot and fill your container with almond milk.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Grease 12 muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
- Combine the all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, brown sugar, white sugar, salt, and baking powder.
- Add in almond milk, almond butter, mashed banana, and oil and stir until just moistened.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Divide the batter between the 12 muffin cups, they should be about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 17 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick comes out clean.