In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
Carving pumpkins is not the only Halloween project. Whip up these yummy cute spooky spider treats with your kids for a fun and delicious afternoon. Enjoy!
- 1 cup peanut butter or other nut butter of choice made with the NutraMilk
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup or other liquid sweetener (monk fruit sweetener for keto)
- 1/3 cup coconut flour or almond flour*
- 1/3 cup oat flour*
- pretzel sticks for spider legs (gluten-free option)
- chocolate chips for eyes
For peanut butter
- 2 cups (275g) peanuts (untoasted, unsalted)
- pinch salt (optional)
- Making the peanut butter
- Place peanuts in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 2-3 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Add all ingredients in a big bowl and mix with a wooden spoon until well combined. Sometimes its easier to use hands to finish blending all ingredients.
- You can transfer the mixture to freezer for about 20 minutes and it will be easier to handle but its optional.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper.
- Using a cookie scoop or a tablespoon, scoop and roll into balls and place onto the prepared baking sheet, spaced evenly apart.
- Chill for about 30 minutes.
- Decorate: Gently stick pretzel legs into sides and press eyes into spider treats. Enjoy!
- You can choose to use only one of the flours (either 2/3 of almond flour or meal, coconut or oat).
- You can make almond meal and oat flour in the NutraMilk.
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.