In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
We love this idea for a Halloween party treat! Who doesn’t like sweet crispy treats? Made with a rich creamy homemade peanut butter, a little spooky green color, chocolate - and you have a delicious decoration for your Halloween party table. Enjoy!
For the rice krispies:
- 2 cups vegan marshmallows
- 4 cups organic rice cereal (gluten-free)
- ½ tbsp. Matcha powder or other natural green food color
- 1/3 cup peanut butter made with the NutraMilk
For the hair/mouth:
- 1/2 cup nondairy chocolate, melted + 1 Tbsp. coconut oil or shortening to smooth out
- chocolate sprinkles
For the eyes:
- 12 homemade googly eyes
For the neck bolts:
- 6 vegan marshmallows, sliced in half
- 6 popsicle sticks
For peanut butter
- 2 cups (275g) peanuts (untoasted, unsalted)
- pinch salt (optional)
- Making the peanut butter
- Place peanuts in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 2-3 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Line an 8×8 pan with wax paper.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the peanut butter and vegan marshmallows on medium/low heat, stirring often.
- Once they are completely melted, remove from the heat and add the natural food coloring until well-combined. Add the rice cereal.
- Place in the 8×8 pan and pat down gently. Allow to cool down for 10 minutes. Cut into 6 rectangles.
- Place a popsicle stick into each treat.
- Coat the tops of the treats with melted chocolate and sprinkles.
- “Glue” the homemade googly eyes with melted chocolate for the eyes and the marshmallows for the bolts. Draw the mouths with more melted chocolate. Allow to set.
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by Forks & Beans.