In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
Just a few simple & healthy ingredients to make these tasty cookies. These are completely plant-based, loaded with fiber, plant-protein and healthy fats as well as many vitamins, minerals and antioxidants from the almonds and sesame seeds.
Sesame seeds are a good source of tryptophan, an essential amino acid that can help you get that much-needed rest. Enjoy!
- ½ cup sesame seeds
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅓ cup maple syrup or honey (if not vegan)
- ⅓ cup almond butter made with NutraMilk. You can also use homemade tahini instead.
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
For almond butter
- 2 cups (300g) almonds
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- Making almond butter
- Place almond and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 12-13 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Spread the sesame seeds in a pie plate.
- In a small bowl, whisk the almond flour with the baking soda and salt. In a large bowl, mix the honey with the almond butter and vanilla extract. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until well incorporated.
- Using a spring-loaded cookie scoop, scoop the dough into balls. Roll the balls in the sesame seeds, then flatten them into 1/4-inch-thick rounds. Transfer the rounds to the baking sheets, arranging them so they’re about 2 inches apart.
- Bake the cookies for about 8 minutes, until the bottoms are golden; shift the pans from top to bottom halfway through. Transfer the cookies to a rack and let cool before serving.
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by Feel Good Foodie.