In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
These fudgy, moist brownies are a chocolate heaven! This recipe is gluten-free since its completely flourless. Fresh almond butter, fresh strawberries and coconut milk are some of the key ingredients that make these treats incredible. A must try!
For brownie base
- 2 eggs (can sub for flax egg if vegan)
- 1 cup almond butter made with the NutraMilk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1/3 cacao powder
- 1 tbsp. pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp baking soda
For chocolate ganache topping
- 2 cups (300 g) fresh strawberries, washed and dried
- 6 oz (300 g) chilled full-fat canned coconut milk
- 7 oz (200 g) vegan dark chocolate, (70% cocoa or higher)
- 2 tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For almond butter
- 2 cups (300g) almonds
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- Making almond butter
- Place almond and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 12-13 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Line an 8×8 inch baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl place the eggs, maple syrup, almond butter and vanilla extract.
- Whisk to combine.
- Stir in cacao powder and baking soda until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top with spatula.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-23 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Prepare chocolate ganache topping:
- Wash and dry the strawberries well. Remove the tops and slice them into halves or quarters. Add the strawberries on top of the brownie base in as even a layer as possible.
- Finely chop the chocolate and place it in a heat-resistant bowl or jug. Heat the coconut milk in a saucepan until simmering, but do not allow it to boil. Pour the coconut milk over the chocolate and allow it to sit uncovered for 3-5 minutes.
- Stir the chocolate ganache with a rubber spatula or whisk until smooth. Add the maple syrup and vanilla extract and stir again until combined.
- Pour the chocolate ganache over the strawberry layer. Tilt the pan to ensure that the ganache covers the strawberries as evenly as possible. Chill for 2-3 hours until completely set. Cut into squares and serve.