In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by Apron String Blog.
For almond butter
- 2 cups (300g) almonds
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup oat flour (you can make with the NutraMilk from oats)
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 cup almond butter made with the NutraMilk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) diced beets
- Making almond butter
- Place almond and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 12-13 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Drain beets well and then puree in the NutraMilk until very smooth.
- Add the almond butter, sugar, salt, oil with beet puree in the Nutramilk and mix until well combined.
- Place in a bowl and stir in dry ingredients.
- Wrap dough and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Roll out to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut into various heart shapes.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes at top of oven.
- Drizzle with a powdered sugar glaze.