In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by Snixty Kitchen.
We love this fun idea of a cookie pizza to replace cookies once in a while. The dough is basically the same but the look is so different and makes a great dessert. Topped with chocolate peanut butter made fresh in the NutraMilk- it´s mouthwatering! You can decorate it any way for different occasions. Enjoy!
For cookie pizza dough
- 1 cup superfine blanched almond flour or gluten-free flour
- 1 cup gluten-free oat flour made with the NutraMilk
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour/starch
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ cup unsalted vegan or regular butter
- ½ cup granulated sugar of choice
- 1 large egg, room temperature or vegan egg replacer
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup chocolate peanut butter made with the NutraMilk
- Choose any decoration according to event. Blue, white, red sprinkles, marshmallows for 4th of July. You can simply top with toasted almonds or fruit for any other day.
For chocolate peanut butter spread
- 2 cups peanut butter
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips or chocolate bar (if vegan make sure its dairy-free)
- Line a 12 to 14-inch pizza pan it with a round of parchment paper with butter or, if not non-stick, line it with a round of parchment paper. If you don't have one, you can bake it either on a parchment-lined pizza stone or press it out into a freeform oval on a baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the almond flour or gluten-free flour, oat flour, tapioca flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or a mixing bowl with a hand mixer, cream the butter and sugar together on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, 3-5 minutes.
- Add the egg and vanilla, mixing just until combined, scraping down the sides and bottom as needed.
- With the mixer on low, slowly add the dry ingredients. Increase the speed to medium and mix until just combined, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Dump the dough onto the pizza pan over parchment paper and press it into an even 12-inch round, smoothing out the edges. Chill for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350°F. Bake for 20-22 minutes, just until set and the edges are only very light golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool completely before topping. You can let it cool for 15 minutes until the baking pan is cool enough to touch, then chill in the refrigerator until cool.
- Meanwhile, prepare chocolate peanut butter spread
- Melt chocolate in microwave.
- Place peanuts in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 2-3 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Add melted chocolate and press Mix until all combined.
- Use ½ cup for this recipe and store the rest for later use.
- Spread chocolate peanut butter on cookie pizza dough and decorate as you like. Enjoy!