In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
For chocolate chip cookie bars
- 2 cups unsalted almonds (raw or roasted) ground into butter with the NutraMilk
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (omit if almonds are salted)
- 3–5 tablespoons water
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips (use more or less to taste)
- Start by making almond butter
- Place almond and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 12-13 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine almond butter, coconut sugar, flax, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir in water a little at a time until batter is soft and malleable, like cookie dough. Amount of water will vary on how thick or thin your almond butter is. Thinner almond butter may not need as much water.
- Stir in most of the chocolate chips, reserving a few to sprinkle on top. Press dough evenly into pan and sprinkle remaining chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 18–20 minutes, until bars are golden brown. Let cool thoroughly before slicing and serving. Warm bars are more delicate and will firm up as they cool. Makes 12–16 bars.