In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
Recipe prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
¨Ajo blanco¨, or white gazpacho, is a classic chilled summer soup in Andalucía, Spain. Made with bread, almonds, garlic, olive oil, and a splash of vinegar, then topped with refreshing green grapes. Most recipes use blanched almonds but with the NutraMilk there is no need to do that- as we are making fresh almond milk and the machine filters out the skins so we can create a creamy color and consistency. This delicious soup makes for a lovely starter for a summer lunch or dinner party.
For almond milk
- 1 cup (150g) almonds
- 1 quart (946ml) water
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- 3 cups (720ml) almond milk made with the NutraMilk
- 1 to 2 medium cloves garlic, diced
- 1/2 pound (225g) fresh, crustless white bread*, cut into 1-inch cubes (about 3 cups)
- 1 ½ tsp sherry vinegar
- 1 ½ tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for garnish and for serving
- salt to taste
- optional garnishes: Green seedless grapes
*you may use gluten-free bread if you prefer.
- Start by making fresh Almond Milk
- Place almonds in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 7 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid, add water and replace lid.
- Press Mix (do not change the default Mix time).
- Press Start.
- Press Dispense and set aside 3 cups of almond milk - store the rest for later use.
- Add the 3 cups of almond milk back into the NutraMilk container and the rest of the ingredients. Press Butter until well pureed and combined.
- Taste gazpacho and adjust with vinegar, salt or any other ingredients if desired.
- Refrigerate until very cold, at least 2 hours.
- Serve in bowls garnished with grapes and a drizzle of olive oil.