In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Celebrate the flavors of Mexican cuisine with this spicy chile-peanut sauce. It´s rich, flavorful and ideal for drizzling over tacos, nachos, burritos, veggies and more.
I served this sauce with raw vegan tacos made from walnuts using the NutraMilk. Check out the recipe by Minimalist Baker.
For peanut butter
- 2 cups (275g) roasted peanuts
- ½ cup peanut butter made with the NutraMilk
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 2 tbsp. sesame seeds
- 10 dried arbol chiles, stemmed
- 1 dried guajillo chile, stemmed
- 8 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- salt, to taste
- Start by making peanut butter, if you don´t already have a batch made.
- Place peanuts and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 2-3 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Set 1/2 cup aside for recipe and store the rest for later use.
- Heat oil in a 12" skillet over medium-high heat. Add sesame seeds, both chiles, garlic, and onion, and cook, stirring, until onions are soft and sesame seeds are lightly browned, about 8 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, let cool to room temperature and transfer the NutraMilk. Add vinegar, oregano, and salt, peanut butter, and mix until smooth. Add 1 cup water, and mix until salsa is smooth.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, and serve at room temperature.