In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
Recipe prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Green gazpacho is the perfect summer soup! It´s light, fresh, healthy, dairy-free, gluten-free, super easy to make and most importantly, refreshing and delicious. It´s suitable for vegans and anyone following paleo, keto, and whole 30 diets.
For almond milk
- 1 cup (150g) almonds
- 1 quart (946ml) water
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- 2 cups almond milk made with the NutraMilk
- 2 medium cucumbers, chopped
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 1 medium green or yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 medium avocado
- 1/4 bunch fresh parsley
- 1/4 bunch fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Optional garnishes: green grapes, olive oil, cucumber
- For almond Milk
- Start by making fresh almond milk with the NutraMilk:
- Place almonds in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 7 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid, add water and replace lid.
- Press Mix (do not change the default Mix time).
- Press Start.
- Press Dispense and set aside 2 cups of almond milk and store the rest for later use
- Prepare vegetables: Remove the ends from the cucumber and slice it in half lengthwise. Scrape the seeds out with a spoon and then chop the cucumber into chunks. Remove the seeds from the bell pepper and also cut it into chunks. Dice the onion. Pull the leaves from parsley and cilantro bunches.
- Add the cucumber, bell pepper, onion, flesh from avocado, garlic (peeled), lemon juice and olive oil to the NutraMilk and press butter until pureed.
- Add the 2 cups of almond milk back into the NutraMilk and press Mix until well combined.
- Taste gazpacho and adjust with salt, lemon/vinegar if desired.
- Transfer gazpacho to an airtight container; cover and chill until very cold, 4–12 hours.
- Serve chilled and garnish with green grapes, olive oil and/or cucumber.