In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
For Sunflower butter
- 2 cups raw sunflower seeds (270g)
- 1 tbsp. of sunflower oil or other oil of choice (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- ½ cup sunflower butter made with the NutraMilk
- 1 tbsp. of coconut oil (melted)
- 1 egg (at room temperature)
- 2 tbsp. coconut flour or almond flour made with the NutraMIlk
- ¼ tsp. of salt
- ½ cup of flax meal
Making sunflower butter
- Place sunflower seeds and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 14-15 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 2-3 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Set aside ½ cup for the recipe and store the rest for later use.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl add sunflower butter, egg, coconut oil and mix well.
- Next, combine sunflower seed butter and coconut oil and add it to the egg.
- Add in coconut flour, salt and finally, the flax meal. Mix until it´s well combined. You may need to use hand to make it all come together.
- Add the mixture to parchment paper, then top with another sheet of parchment paper to cover. Roll out dough between the two pieces of parchment paper until the thickness is about 1/5 of an inch or so. The thinner you spread out the mixture, the crispier the crackers.
- Remove the top piece of the parchment paper and cut crackers into about 1.5 inch squares
- Transfer the rolled out dough on parchment paper to a large baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, wait until it cools to completely crack into pieces. Enjoy!