In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
Images and recipe by Alphafoodie
*Servings 20 energy bites
Make a delicious batch of no bake protein balls with this quick and simple cocoa & almond protein balls recipe using the Nutramilk!
- 2 cups almonds
- 8 dates
- 2 tbsp. protein blend
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Begin by blending the almonds in the Nutramilk processor until obtaining a consistency you like. This can be chunky bits or fine crumbs or even a mixture of the two.
- Next, add the dates, protein blend, cacao powder and salt. Blitz this again until the mixture is well combined and clumping together.
- Now it's time to get stuck in and get your hands dirty. Form around 20 protein balls from the mixture. These should be big enough for at least 2-3 bites regardless of the fact people like to call them energy 'bites'. Once rolled, the base healthy energy balls are ready to be enjoyed.
- You can now roll them in any toppings of your choice, if wanted. I mentioned some options for various powders and crushed toppings*. You could also cover them with melted chocolate for more of a sweet treat. This is the best option for large chunks like pistachio, cacao nibs etc.
- These protein balls can then be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks or freezer for a month.
See full recipe and tips here: https://www.alphafoodie.com/healthy-cacao-almond-protein-balls/