In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
The classic biscotti recipe is made using quite a bit of dairy butter. For this recipe we have substituted butter for macadamia nut butter which is loaded with healthy nutrients. Combined with coconut and almond flour, this biscotti recipe a delicious distinct flavor.
These are great to serve with tea or coffee or enjoy as an afternoon snack. Check out some of our coffee and tea recipes to enjoy with these biscotti, here.
Click here, to find out all the goodness that macadamia nut butter provides.
- 1/4 cup raw macadamia nuts
- 1/4 cup dried coconut (shredded or ribbons)
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tbsp. macadamia nut butter
- 1 tablespoons coconut oil, in solid form
For macadamia nut butter
- 2 cups (270g) raw macadamia nut
For macadamia nut butter
- Start by making fresh macadamia nut butter with the NutraMilk:
- Place macadamia nuts in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 4-5 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid. If necessary, set for an additional minute for a creamier butter.
- Set aside 2 tbsp. for recipe and store the rest for later use.
- Preheat the oven to 350º F. Roughly chop the macadamia nuts into small pieces to avoid large chunks breaking up the biscotti when you go to slice it later.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients (almond flour, baking powder, and salt) along with the chopped macadamias and coconut. Mix well with a fork, breaking up any clumps in the almond flour.
- Add the maple syrup, macadamia nut butter and solid coconut oil. (If your kitchen is warm and your coconut oil is a liquid, measure 2 tablespoons of the liquid into a small bowl and place it into the freezer until it solidifies, then proceed.) Using a fork, mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until fully incorporated. Using your hands, form the dough into a ball.
- Place the ball of dough onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet and shape it into a 4- by 10-inch rectangle that's 1 inch thick. Pat well to make sure there are no cracks.
- Place in the oven and bake for 18 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown. Remove from the oven, reduce the oven temperature to 325º F, and let the biscotti cool fully (about 20 minutes).
- Using your sharpest serrated knife, carefully cut the biscotti width-wise into roughly eight 1-inch slices and flip them onto their sides. Take it slow to avoid turning your beautiful, fragile biscotti into a crumbly mess. Return them to the oven and bake at 325º F for an additional 10 minutes, until they're slightly crispier. Remove them from the oven and let them cool fully and harden before serving.
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe by Food 52.