In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
For cashew butter
- 2 cups (300g) cashews
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
For paprika cashew cream sauce:
- 1/2 – 2/3 cup cashew butter made with the NutraMilk
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Pinch of cayenne
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- Ground black pepper, kosher salt to taste
- 1– 2 tsp of fresh lemon juice
- 1 cauliflower head
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Making cashew butter
- Place cashews and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 5-6 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Leave ½ cup of cashew butter and take out the rest to store for later use.
- Next make your paprika Cashew Cream- Add paprika, cayenne, garlic, salt/pepper, lemon to the NutraMilk with the ½ cup cashew butter and press Mix for one minute or until smooth. If you want to sweeten the sauce you can add 1 tsp of honey or maple syrup. Add more cashew butter or water to obtain the consistency you desire.
- Preparing cauliflower steaks- Remove the outer leaves from each cauliflower head. Cut off the bottom stem end so that you create a flat base and can stand the cauliflower up on a cutting board. Resting the cauliflower on the stem, use a large, sharp knife to trim away the sides, then cut the remaining head into 2 very thick or 3 more moderate "steaks." Reserve the side florets for another use.
- Brush sides of each steaks with olive oil and place on grill and cook until tender and bottom begins to char (about 6-8 minutes on each side).
- In a small skillets heat olive oil over and toss in cherry tomatoes and raisins and cook over low heat between 10-12 minutes.
- Remove cauliflower steaks from grill and serve with tomatoes, raisins and paprika cashew cream sauce. Enjoy!