In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
Recipe inspired by The California Walnut Board.
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
For walnut butter
- 2 cups walnuts
- Pinch salt (optional)
- 1/3 cup walnut butter made with the NutraMilk
- ½ cup walnuts
- 1 large bunch fresh basil (~2.5 ounces)
- 1/2 cup packed fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 small to medium eggplants, cut lengthwise
- parsley to garnish
- To make walnut butter:
- Place walnuts in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 5-6 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Leave 1/3 in NutraMilk container and take out and store the rest for later us
- To make pesto: Add basil, parsley, the rest of the walnuts, parmesan cheese, lemon juice and zest, garlic, salt and pepper to the NutraMilk. Press butter for 1 minute or until finely chopped and combined.
- To make eggplants: Generously salt the eggplant and place eggplant into a colander over a bowl or over the sink. Let sit and drain for one hour. Rinse with cold water and thoroughly pat dry.
- Brush both sides of eggplant with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Place eggplant slices on the grill and cook for 4 to 5 minutes on each side, or until browned.
- Serve eggplant with pesto and garnish with parsley!