In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by Leelalicious.
Plant-based ice cream that is super easy to make. No need for an ice cream machine.
Pumpkin-flavored for the fall season. Its made with coconut cream, cashew butter made in the NutraMilk and sweetened with dates- the perfect pumpkin creamy treat!
- 1 can coconut cream 14 oz; or coconut milk, chilled overnight
- 3 tbsp. cashew butter made with the NutraMilk
- 1 cup dates, pitted
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. salt
For cashew butter
- 2 cups (300g) cashews
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- Start by making cashew butter
- Place cashews and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 5-6 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Soak the dates in hot water for about 10 minutes, then puree in the NutraMilk. Add a little water at a time as needed until smooth and creamy.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the NutraMilk along with the date paste and process until smooth and creamy.
- Spread the ice cream mixture into a container like a loaf pan and freeze for at least 4 hours to solidify. For more of a mousse texture you can serve it after about 2 hours.
- Take out the vegan pumpkin ice cream approx. 20 minutes before serving. This will make scooping much easier.
- Optionally, add pecans or walnut for some crunchy texture.