In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
You will start seeing, if you haven´t already, pea milk in the supermarket aisles. It´s a plant-based milk which is lactose-free, gluten-free, soy-free and nut-free. It´s vegan and allergy-friendly. The store-bought version is made from the flour of the yellow split peas which then goes through a process of solubilization and centrifugation to isolate the protein. This pea protein is used in these milks along with various additives such as oil, emulsifiers, preservatives, flavorings, etc. Our homemade version is easily made with the NutraMilk from whole yellow split peas which you can flavor and sweeten as you like. It´s low in fat, it´s a great source of plant-protein and various vitamins and minerals. Give it a try and use it as you would use any other plant-based milk!
- 1 cup dried yellow split peas
- 3-4 dates pitted
- 1-2 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 4 cups water
- Cook Split peas in 3 cups of water and let cool.
- Place peas, dates, vanilla extract in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 1 minute.
- Press Start.
- Add water and replace lid.
- Press Mix (do not change the default Mix time).
- Press Start.
- Taste pea milk and adjust to your preferences- you can add more vanilla extract, more water if you want to dilute it, more sweet, etc.
- Press Dispense, open spigot and fill your container with pea milk. Enjoy!