In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
Dark leafy greens provide various heart-health benefits. These veggies come packed with fiber, antioxidants, and potassium, all essential nutrients for a healthy heart. Spinach is specifically high in vitamin A, K, C, iron, and folate.
Made into a delicious galette with a homemade crust made mainly from almond flour, another key food for heart health, due to their cholesterol & blood pressure lowering effects
This recipe is a delicious way to enjoy spinach or any other dark leafy green. Give it a try!
- 1½ cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup arrowroot starch
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 6 tbsp. chilled vegetable oil of choice or butter, cut into chunks
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 egg yolk whisked (optional)
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise made with the NutraMilk
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. ghee
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 8 oz fresh or frozen spinach thawed and strained, for frozen
- 1 cup mushrooms of choice, sliced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Optional: Crushed red pepper flakes for garnish
- Combine almond flour, arrowroot flour, and sea salt in the NutraMilk and process to combine.
- Add palm oil shortening (or butter) and process several times until crumbly.
- Add in an egg, honey, and apple cider vinegar and process again until the dough sticks together when you pinch it.The dough should be a bit sticky.
- Wrap the dough in a plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Make the filling while the dough is chilling. Add cashews to the NutraMilk and process for 4 minutes. Then add mayo, and lemon juice and process until creamy.
- Heat ghee in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, and cook stirring for 4-5 minutes until fragrant and the onion is translucent. Add mushrooms and cook a few more minutes.
- Add spinach and cook until just wilted. Remove from heat, then season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the cashew and mayo mixture over the vegetables and stir together.
Spinach & Mushroom Galette
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place the dough between 2 parchment papers and roll into a circle about 1/4 inch thick. Remove the top parchment paper.
- Spread the spinach and mushroom filling in the middle of the dough, leaving about 2 inches around the edges. The filling will be thick, over 1 inch high. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes, if using.
- Use the bottom parchment paper to fold the dough over the edges of the filling, sealing the dough with your fingers if it rips.
- Brush the whisked egg yolk on the dough edges.
- Slide the parchment paper and the galette on to a baking sheet.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.