In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
This easy-to-prepare vegan dish is perfect for any occasion. Made with a delicious cashew-based sauce made in the NutraMilk. Enjoy!
Check out all the healthy nutrients that cashews provide, here.
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, minced
- 1 14 oz. can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 2/3 can sweet corn, drained & rinsed
- 1 ½ tomato sauce or enchilada sauce
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. red pepper powder or chili powder
- salt to taste
- 6 corn or wheat flour tortillas
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- avocado for topping
For Cheese sauce
- 1 cup (150g) raw unsalted cashews
- 1 cup (240g) mild heat runny/not too chunky salsa
- 3/4 cup (180g) PLAIN dairy-free yogurt of choice
- 1 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp. 75g) water
- 1 1/4 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 3/4-1 tsp salt or to taste
For cheese sauce
- Add cashews to the NutraMilk and process until you get a butter consistency, about 3-4 minutes. Add all the rest of the ingredients listed under "cheese sauce¨. Process until very smooth. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Lightly grease a 9X9 inch baking dish or similar sized pan.
- Heat oil in a large skillet and add onion, garlic, bell pepper, cumin, and red pepper powder. Stir for a few minutes until veggies are nicely browned and spices are fragrant, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add beans and corn. Stir to combine. Add salt to taste and set aside to cool a bit.
- Cut tortillas into strips.
- Spread a little of the tomato sauce on the bottom. Add half of the tortilla chips, allow them to overlap. Next, add half of the veggies, spreading out evenly. Drizzle half of the cheese sauce and remaining tomato sauce., smoothing out evenly.
- Repeat by adding another layer of tortilla strips, veggies, tomato sauce and cheese sauce.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake for 15 minutes. Remove foil and bake for approx. 5-8minutes longer.
- Allow to cool before cutting.
- Serve with avocado, garnish with green onion or herbs of choice.
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by Bianca Zapatka.