In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by Running To The Kitchen.
These nourishing vegan ¨meat balls¨ have a similar texture to real meat balls and they are super flavorful thanks to our special ingredient, fresh macadamia nut butter. Filled with all the right nutrients including plant-protein, heart- healthy fats, loads of fiber, vitamins and minerals. They are perfect served over spaghetti, noodles or rice. Enjoy!
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flaxseed + 2 tablespoons warm water)
- 1 (15oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 tbsp. macadamia nut butter made with the NutraMilk
- 1 small carrot, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cups GF rolled oats
- 1 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
For macadamia nut butter
- 2 cups (270g) raw macadamia nuts
- Start by making fresh macadamia nut butter with the NutraMilk:
- Place macadamia nuts in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 4-5 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid. If necessary, set for an additional minute for a creamier butter.
- Make the flax egg by combining the flaxseed and water in a small bowl and set aside for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the NutraMilk and ¨Mix¨ until roughly chopped and combined.
- Add the flax egg and continue to ¨Mix¨ until well combined and able to stick together but not mushy.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- Use a medium cookie scoop to scoop meatball mixture into wet hands and gently roll into a ball. Place on baking sheet and continue with remaining mixture.
- Bake for 10 minutes then use a metal spatula to carefully flip each meatball and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes before serving. You can simmer in your favorite marinara sauce in a skillet on the stove top for a minutes as well and then serve over pasta, zoodles, cauliflower rice or any other way you desire.