In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
This delicious creamy curry dip is ideal for fries, roasted veggies, raw veggies or as a spread on crackers, sandwich bread, burgers and so much more. It´s made with fresh walnut butter whipped up in the NutraMilk and a few other nourishing ingredients. It´s not only full of flavor but full of healthy nutrients such as heart-healthy fats, gut-promoting fiber, satiating protein, vitamins & minerals (vitamins E, magnesium, phosphorus), disease-fighting antioxidants and anti-inflammatory ALA/omega 3 fatty acids.
For more information about the health benefits of walnuts, click here.
For curry fries
- 6 large carrots
- 1 tbsp. avocado oil
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- optional topping: fresh cilantro
For curry hummus dip
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 2 tbsp. + 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp. curry powder
- 1 cup walnuts, divided in half
For walnut butter
- 2 cups (210g) raw walnuts
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut carrots in matchsticks. Place in a large bowl and mix with avocado oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Place on two parchment lined baking sheets, spreading out evenly. Make sure they are not too close together.
- Bake for 20 minutes, stir/rotate, and bake for another 15 minutes.
- While the carrot fries bake, make the sauce:
- First, start by making walnut butter
- Place walnuts and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 5-6 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Leave ½ cup of walnut butter in the NutraMilk for dip recipe and store the rest for later use.
- Add chickpeas, salt, garlic, 2 tbsp. olive oil, lemon juice, curry powder and ½ cup walnuts to the NutraMilk and ¨Mix¨ until smooth.
- Add water to get a thinner/runnier consistency.
- Once carrots are done sprinkle with fresh cilantro and serve with curry dip.
- You can also use this dip to spread on whole-wheat crackers, on sandwich bread or dip with raw vegetables.