In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
- 1 large sweet potato, washed
- Avocado oil cooking spray
- Sea salt
For Cranberry Sauce:
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 2 tbsp. pure maple syrup
- Juice from ½ orange
- Juice from 1 lemon
For Maple Pecan Butter:
- 2 cups raw pecans
- 1.5 tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp sea salt
To make the toast:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut your sweet potato lengthwise into 1/3”-1/2” thick slices. (The number of slices you get will vary depending on the size of your sweet potato.)
- Lay the sweet potato slices onto the prepared baking sheet and spray with cooking oil and sprinkle with sea salt. Bake for 20-25 minutes until the potatoes are cooked through but not overcooked. You don’t want the potatoes to fall apart. Remove from the oven and set aside. (If you like a little crispiness and char, place the oven on broil for 2minutes at the end of baking.)
To make the cranberry sauce:
- Combine all ingredients into a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring often, until the cranberries have broken down and you have a thick cranberry sauce. Remove from the heat to cool at room temperature.
To make the maple pecan butter:
- Place the pecans in your NutraMilk and press the butter function and set for 12 minutes.
- After the 12 minutes is up, add the maple syrup, salt, vanilla, and run for another minute.
To assemble the toast:
- Spread pecan butter over a sweet potato slice, top with cranberry sauce, and garnish with chopped pecans and orange zest if desired.
- Serve immediately.