In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by My Recipes.
Get into the holiday spirit with these delicious peanut butter wreaths. You can enjoy these as a dessert, snack or a breakfast. Peanut butter is one option but you can use your favorite nut butter to make it your own! It´s a great way to include health-boosting nuts in your diet.
- 3 cups Purely Elizabeth´s Apple, Cinnamon & Pecan superfood Oatmeal (you can also use any type of oats)
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup (4 oz.) unsalted vegan butter (or regular butter)
- ½ cup plant-based milk of choice made with the NutraMilk
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter made with the NutraMilk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- Red and green candy-coated chocolate pieces (such as M&M’S)
For peanut butter
- 2 cups (275g) peanuts (untoasted, unsalted)
- pinch salt (optional)
- Making the peanut butter
- Place peanuts in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 2-3 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread oats in an even layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven until oats turn light brown and have a strong, nutty aroma, 8 to 10 minutes, stirring once after 5 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper. Whisk together granulated sugar, butter, milk, and brown sugar in a medium saucepan over medium until combined. Let mixture come to a boil; boil, undisturbed, 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in peanut butter, vanilla, and salt until combined. Stir in oats. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Drop tablespoonful’s of oat mixture onto prepared baking sheets. Using your fingers, make a hole in the center of each cookie (to look like a wreath). Decorate with chocolate pieces. Let cookies cool until set, about 30 minutes.