In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by A Virtual Vegan.
We love this fun baked oatmeal idea from A Virtual Vegan. Its oatmeal, but a cross between oatmeal bars and a cake. It's sliceable, firm but chewy and delicious! It's great to make ahead for breakfast or a to-go snack. You can use any plant-based milk and nut butter made with the NutraMilk to make this a nutrient-dense food. Enjoy!
- 2 cups (180 grams) rolled or old fashioned oats (use certified gluten-free if necessary)
- 2 tbsp. ground flaxseed
- 3-4 tbsp. sugar, any type (use stevia or swerve for zero calorie sweetener)
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup (240 ml) plant-based milk made with the NutraMilk (I used almond milk)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ cup (4 tablespoons) nut or seed butter, of choice
- 1 cup (180 grams) chopped fresh strawberries
For almond milk
- 1 cup (150g) almonds
- 1 quart (946ml) water
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
For almond Milk
- Start by making fresh almond milk with the NutraMilk:
- Place almonds in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 7 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Add water and replace lid.
- Press Mix (do not change the default Mix time).
- Press Start.
- Press Dispense, open spigot and fill your container with almond milk.
- Preheat oven to 375° F (190 °C) and have an oven-proof dish, skillet or pan ready. One about 7 or 8inches in diameter. Anything ovenproof will do, such as a ceramic dish, skillet, paper-baking dish, 7 or 8-inch cake pan or an 8 x 8 cake pan.
- Put the oats, ground flax, sugar and salt in a large bowl and stir together.
- Blend the milk, vanilla and nut butter in the NutraMilk.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir together until you can't see any dry oats, then add the chopped strawberries and stir again to combine.
- Spoon the mixture into your pan/dish and bake for around 35 to 40 minutes. Cooking times vary slightly depending on what type of dish you are using but when done it should be starting to turn golden around the edges and feel pretty firm to the touch.
- Remove from the oven and leave it to cool in the pan/dish. Enjoy!