In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by Bianca Zapatka.
Instead of making traditional pancakes over the weekend, try these trendy mini pancakes. We used almond milk made with the NutraMilk along with apple cider vinegar to make buttermilk. Not all plant-based milks will work the same to make buttermilk but in this case because almond milk made in the NutraMilk is so nutrient-dense and has a good amount of protein it works great to make buttermilk!
Serve them in a bowl as you would with cereal and top with your favorite nut butter made with the NutraMilk, syrup and fresh fruit of choice. This recipe is vegan, dairy-free and gluten-free. Enjoy!
- 1 ½ cup gluten free all purpose flour or spelt flour
- 1 tbsp. protein powder or coconut/almond flour
- 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 2 tbsp. sugar or syrup
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 1 cup plant-based milk made with the NutraMilk (I used almond)
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- oil for frying
For almond milk
- 1 cup (150g) almonds
- 1 quart (946ml) water
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
For almond Milk (I used frozen almond milk cubes I had from a previous batch)
- Start by making fresh almond milk with the NutraMilk:
- Place almonds in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 7 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Add water and replace lid.
- Press Mix (do not change the default Mix time).
- Press Start.
- Press Dispense, open spigot and fill your container with almond milk.
- Combine apple cider vinegar with almond milk and set aside for about 5 minutes until it curdles to create vegan buttermilk.
- In a bowl, whisk all dry ingredients.
- Stir in the vanilla extract into the vegan buttermilk. Then add the flour mixture and stir to combine, adding a little more milk as needed. If you have a piping bag, pour mixture into piping bag, otherwise you can use a spoon.
- Heat a large non-stick pan over medium heat and lightly grease with oil
- Pipe small mini pancakes onto it. Cook for about 30-45 seconds, or until tops start to create bubbles. Then flip and cook from the other side, until the mini pancakes are Golden Brown on both sides.
- Serve with your favorite nut butter made with the NutraMilk, syrup of choice and fresh berries. Decorate with flowers for a spring look! Enjoy!