In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
Pancakes are a very acceptable food for babies, toddlers and kids of all ages and popular amongst adults, as well of course. This recipe is for everyone!
Made with gluten-free whole grain ingredients such as whole rice flour and almond flour that provide loads of fiber; apple sauce and carrots that are full of vitamins and antioxidants; and fresh cashew milk made in the NutraMilk that adds so many different nutrients. Check it out here.
Flavored with delicious carrot cake spices that are warming - ideal for colder months and great choice for a holiday breakfast or snack.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup whole rice flour
- ¼ cup tapioca starch
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. cinnamon ground
- ½ tsp. mixed spice
- 1 cup finely grated carrot
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup apple sauce
- 1 cup cashew milk or almond milk made with the NutraMilk
For cashew milk
- 1 cup (150g) cashews
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- Start by making fresh cashew milk with the NutraMilk:
- Place cashews in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 3 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid, add water and replace lid.
- Press Mix (do not change the default Mix time).
- Press Start.
- Press Dispense.
- Press Start and open spigot to fill your storage container.
- Add the almond flour to a large mixing bowl. Sieve in the white rice flour, baking powder and mixed spice. Whisk to combine.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour and add the grated carrot, eggs and apple sauce. Begin whisking as you slowly pour in the cashew milk and whisk until well combined.
- Heat about a tablespoon of coconut oil in a frying pan on a medium heat. To fry the pancakes, add around ¼ cup of batter per pancake to the pan. Fry in batches of 2-3 depending on the size of your pan. When bubbles start to come to the surface of the pancakes, flip them over.
- Cook until golden brown on the second side before transferring to a clean tea towel lined plate. Cover the cooked pancakes with the tea towel to keep warm.
- Serve warm topped with coconut yoghurt, maple syrup and any other toppings you choose.
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by Our Nourishing Table.