In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
Recipe and photos by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
This pretty parfait can be made with any plant-based milk you like. It makes a great filling breakfast, snack or deliciously sweet dessert. Enjoy!
For almond milk
- 1 cup (150g) almonds
- 1 quart (946ml) water
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 4 pitted Medjool dates
- 1 ¼ cup almond milk or any other plant-based milk made with the NutraMilk
- ½ cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup coconut yogurt or other yogurt of choice
- handful of blueberries and strawberries for garnish
For almond Milk
- Start by making fresh almond milk with the NutraMilk:
- Place almonds in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 7 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid, add water and replace lid.
- Press Mix (do not change the default Mix time).
- Press Start.
- Press Dispense.
- Set 1 ¼ cup aside for recipe and store the rest in a container for later use.
- Combine milk, chia seeds in a jar or bowl and stir a few times.
- Let sit for at least 1 hour to soak and soften the chia seeds and thicken in to pudding consistency. If you have time let it sit overnight.
- Leave half of this mixture as is to use as one of the layers.
- Place the other half in blender with blueberries, dates and blend for other layer.
- Assemble parfait: You can layer as you´d like. One layer or almond milk and chia, another of blueberry almond milk with chia and the third is the plain yogurt.
- Garnish with a few strawberries and blueberries and serve.