In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
This is the best dairy-free version of this iconic cocktail. Made with flavorful almond milk plus a rich and sweet cashew cream created fresh in the NutraMilk. A classic for St. Patrick's, or just a delicious warming drink for the end of the day. Enjoy!
For dairy-free Irish Coffee
- 1 cup almond milk made with the NutraMilk
- ¾ cup cashew cream made with the NutraMilk
- 2 tsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp. sugar of choice or liquid sweetener of choice
- 1 tsp. coffee extract or 1 tablespoon instant coffee or 1 teaspoon instant espresso mixed with small amount of hot water and let cool, or espresso
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 200 ml Irish whiskey
For almond milk
- 1 cup (150g) almonds
- 6 cups (1.5 quarts) water
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
For cashew cream
- 1 cup cashews
- ½ cup water
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup or sweetener of choice (optional)
- 1 tsp. vanilla essence
- Start by making fresh almond milk with the NutraMilk:
- Place almonds in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 7 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Add water and replace lid.
- Press Mix (do not change the default Mix time).
- Press Start.
- Press Dispense, open spigot and fill your container with almond milk.
- For Cashew cream
Place cashews in the NutraMilk container.
Set butter cycle for 5-6 minutes. If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
Add the rest of dip ingredients and process until smooth. Add more water if you want a thinner consistency. Set aside ¾ cup for this recipe and store the rest in the fridge or freeze for later use.
- Add all ingredients for dairy-free Irish Coffee to the NutraMilk and process under 1 minute, until all ingredients are well-blended.
- Pour over ice. Enjoy!