In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
Images and recipe by Alphafoodie
*1 round of cheddar (6")
A simple and delicious, melty Vegan smoked cheddar cheese. Perfect for using as cheese slices, grated and melted over a variety of dishes. This recipe is dairy-free, vegan, gluten-free, and wonderfully melty. Plus, it's so much better than store-bought options that are often loaded with palm oil, additives and/or artificial flavors.
- 5 cups full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup cashew nuts, pre-soaked
- 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, unflavored
- 2 tbsps. nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. miso paste
- 2 tsps smoked paprika
- 2 tsps liquid smoke
- 1/2 tsps turmeric powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsps. tapioca starch
- 2 tbsps. agar powder
- Blend everything together in the Nutramilk processor. Only keep the tapioca starch and agar aside.
- When you achieve a smooth, runny consistency, add the tapioca and agar. Blitz for a few seconds to incorporate them well into the mix.
- Pour the mixture in a pot and heat up over medium-high fire. Stir continuously. Remove from the fire when the mixture thickens and becomes more stretchy.
- Pour into your desired mould. I used a 6" tart tin; alternatively, you can also use a bowl. Let cool off to room temperature. Then refrigerate.
- Keep in the fridge for up to 5 days. It's also possible to freeze it for up to 3 months.
See all the secrets and tips for the recipe at https://www.alphafoodie.com/simple-smoky-vegan-cheddar-cheese/
View this post on Instagram
[Ad] I made these 3 cheese from scratch using my trusty food processor @thenutramilk @nutramilk_uk. It does everything I need in the kitchen, giving a great consistency to everything I blend in it. Find all the secrets on how to make vegan cheese "stretchy", "cheesy" and "melty" on my blog. I've included many tips and all the detailed steps. Link in bio or copy this: www.alphafoodie.com/simple-smoky-vegan-cheddar-cheese #TheNutraMilk #nutramilkpartner