In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by California Walnuts.
This dairy-free whipped cream is delicious! Its so versatile- it can be used as a cake filling, over fresh fruit, as a topping on cakes, coffee and even over vanilla, chocolate or coffee ice cream to add a creamy, rich, nutty flavor. Enjoy!
For whipped cream
- 2 cups walnuts
- 1 cup almond milk made with the NutraMilk
- 2 tbsp. powdered sugar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons honey, divided
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
For almond milk
- 1 cup (150g) almonds
- 1 quart (946ml) water
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
For almond Milk
- Start by making fresh almond milk with the NutraMilk:
- Place almonds in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 7 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Add water and replace lid.
- Press Mix (do not change the default Mix time).
- Press Start.
- Press Dispense, open spigot and fill your container with almond milk.
- Place walnuts in the NutraMilk and set butter cycle for 5-6 minutes.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Once you have you a creamy butter add in the rest of the ingredients- start with only ¾ cup of almond milk. Press Mix cycle for just a minute or until all is well combined. See how the consistency comes out. If you want a thinner consistency add more almond milk.
- Use for anything that calls for whip cream or a creamy dessert sauce. Enjoy!