In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
Recipe prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Makes approx. 16 energy balls
For almond butter
- 2 cups (300g) almonds
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
For energy balls
- 1/4 cup almond butter made with the NutraMilk
- 1 1/4 cups shredded coconut, divided
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup strawberries
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 4 medjool dates, pit removed
Making almond butter
- Place almonds and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 12-13 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Leave ¼ cup of almond butter in the NutraMilk and store the rest for later use.
Making energy balls
- Add ¾ cup of shredded coconut and all the remaining ingredients (strawberries, oats, almonds, dates) to the NutraMilk with the almond butter. Press Mix and process until mixture forms a paste-like consistency.
- Scoop out 1 tablespoon of the mixture at a time and roll it into balls with hand. Roll the balls into the shredded coconut. Place on a plate and put them in the refrigerator to cool for 2 hrs. minimum before serving. Enjoy!