In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by Unconventional Baker.
For pistachio butter
- 2 cups pistachio nuts (260g)
- 1/4 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- ½ cup raw pistachios
- 6 soft medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 2 medium avocados, de-seeded and peeled
- 6 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- ½ tsp orange blossom water
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp. pistachio butter
- ¼ cup raw pistachios
- Chopped pistachios for sprinkling, edible flowers.
- Start by making pistachio butter
- Place pistachios and salt in the NutraMilk container
- Press Butter cycle, set for 5-6 minutes
- Press Start
- Open the container if necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Place all crust ingredients, except maple syrup, into the NutraMilk and process into a crumble. Add maple syrup and process again into a sticky crumble. Transfer this mixture into a 5″ springform pan and press into a crust along the base and sides. Place in the freezer while working on the next step.
- Blend all filling ingredients, except raw pistachios, in the N utraMilkuntil a smooth mixture forms (you can also use a hand blender). Add in pistachios and pulse or blend so that they are not fully blended and you can still see visible specs in the filling.
- Transfer the mixture into your prepared crust shell. Carefully smooth out the top to even it out. Sprinkle with any decorative toppings.
- Freeze for 4-5 hours or overnight. Enjoy! Keep leftovers frozen.