In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
These plant-based scones are gluten-free, dairy-free and full of nourishing nutrients from flax seeds, almond flour plus the fresh almond butter. Make them sugar free by using a sweetener such as ¨swerve¨ if you like. Top with fresh nut butter, jam and coconut or cashew vegan cream for a delicious afternoon snack. Enjoy!
- 120g self raising gluten-free flour
- 100g almond or oat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp. white or brown sugar or a zero calorie sweetener such as ¨Swerve¨
- 40g almond butter made with the NutraMilk
- 5 tbsp. milk of choice
- 1 flax egg – 1 tbsp. milled flaxseed + 3 tbsp. water. Mix in a small bowl and leave to set for 15 minutes
For almond butter
- 2 cups (300g) almonds
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- Start by making almond butter
- Place almond and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 12-13 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Preheat your oven to 220C/200C fan/400F
- Mix the gluten-free flour, almond flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Add the dairy-free spread and rub in with your fingers until the mix looks like fine crumbs. Stir in the sugar, then fold in the milk and flax egg. Kneed until you have a dough consistency.
- Transfer the dough onto a sheet of baking paper and top with another sheet and roll out to a thickness of 3cm.
- Use a small cutter to cut out the scones, place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 15 minutes.
- Leave to cool completely before slicing. Serve warm with jam and coconut or cashew vegan cream. Enjoy!