In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
When you feel like enjoying pecan pie, but don't feel like cooking one - these pretty little energy balls are a great way to satisfy that craving and they are super easy to make. They are a perfect addition to any holiday dessert table. They are packed with fiber, protein, heart-healthy fats and loaded with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
IngredientsFor almond cashew butter
- 1 1/3 Cup (200g) almonds
- 2/3 Cup (100g) cashews
- Pinch of Himalayan salt (optional)
- 1 Cup dates pitted
- ½ Cup almond cashew butter or any nut butter made with the NutraMilk
- 1 Cup of pecans
- 1 Cup of oats
- ¼ Cup maple syrup
- ¼ Cup coconut flakes
- Making almond cashew butter (you may use any other nut butter such as plain almond butter or any other combination of nuts)
- Place almonds, cashews and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 7-8 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 2-3 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Take out butter and set aside ½ cup for recipe and store the rest for later use.
- Place all ingredients into the NutraMilk and press Butter for approximately 2-3 minutes until a dough forms.
- Remove dough from the NutraMilk and roll 1½" balls
- Place coconut flakes in a plate or bowl and roll the balls in the flakes so they stick on the outside.
- Chill in the fridge for a few hour and enjoy. You can store in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.